Bio - Solid Biomass (Woody & Solid Fuel) - NOS/QCF Mapped
MCS, OFTEC (Woody & Solid Fuel), HETAS, APHC, NAPIT & NICEIC recognised certificate for the safe installation of Solid Fuel & Woody Biomass heating systems. This course is also NOS & QCF Mapped. Included in this BPEC qualification is an industry recognised alternative to HETAS H001 – 006. This BPEC approved course covers not only solid fuel and woody biomass but solid fuel wet and dry installations as well.
This course is available at our Cardiff Centre: GATC (Wales) Ltd, Pontypridd, CF37 5UA Estimates can be obtained via Technical Gas Training Ltd upon request
This course covers the key competencies required in order to safely and correctly install Solid Fuel & Woody Biomass heating systems and is aimed at qualified heating engineers. Included in this course are an alternative to HETAS H001 – 006.
The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) biomass standard covers installations with an output up to 45KW/h.
This BPEC training course can be used towards registration on a range of schemes available including Competent Persons registration (CPS), OFTEC (Woody & Solid Fuel), HETAS, APHC,NAPIT, NICEIC and the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). It is also NOS & QCF Mapped.
The course and manuals cover:
- Introduction to solid fuel and wood heating
- Solid fuel wood heating
- Combustion, appliance types and fuel types
- Legislation, regulations and standards
- Flues and chimneys classification
- Flues and chimneys ventilation
- Appliance installation requirements
- Appliance maintenance requirements
- Basic chimney faults
- Unsafe situations
- Introduction to wood heating
- Biomass heating systems: technical overview
- Fuel supply and combustion
- Regulations and standards
- System cost, funding and policy support
- Hydraulic systems
- Fuel storage systems
- Conducting a site assessment
- Installation and maintenance
- Determining system size
- Commissioning and customer handover
- Operation and maintenance
- Unsafe situation
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification; or
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification. 0r
- HETAS 003 & HETAS 004
- Water Regulations/Water Byelaws
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- Unvented Hot Water
A bit of text here to explain as to what the boxes mean. e.g. you have to have all of the qualifications in any one of the boxes to be able to do this course.
|N/SVQ2.3PH||NVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or Conventional Heating|
|Experience||Relevant demonstrable experience|
|UHW||Unvented Hot Water Systems|
A bit of text explaining as to what happens once you complete the course. This could also mention that you get the below qualifications.
|Bio||Solid Biomass Systems (Woody & Solid Fuel)|